Tuesday 3 July 2012

Nervous About Writing

Does anyone else feel really nervous about opening their work?  And about writing?  I get really nervous!  I have actual butterflies in my stomach about opening the doc (even though is already open) and trying to write!

Am worried:
a) the work won't make any sense any more;
b) I won't have anything to say;
c) the work and the lit I have won't match up and I'll have to do weeks more reading;
d) about being a the bottom of a big ass mountain I have to climb up and up - and wahat if I can't?
e) of getting writer's block and being stuck and missing my deadline.

eek.

4 comments:

Clare said...

For me it's like stepping on the weighing scales or checking your credit card balance. It's frightening to imagine how bad the situation is, but the not knowing is even worse. I've been trying to writing earlier in the day and leaving domestic-y things till later and it's definitely better than the other way round.

Numpty said...

Yes, that is how I feel! Once you get the document open though and start something it is ok though :)

Definitely leave chores till later! I read some good advice on tinternet that said whatever you want to do when you are meant to be working write it down, and when you have finished working if you still want/need to do it you can do it then. And you'll probably find you don't want to clean the floor/do the washing/tidy your room any more!

clare said...

Yes I sometimes wonder if I have subconsciously put myself through the torture of this phd just to have an excuse not to wash floors (or anything else). An extreme housework avoidance though it must be said.

Numpty said...

ha! I will always wash floors instead of doing my PhD! work schmurk ;0)