Tuesday 10 July 2012

Suspended :)

I have my confirmation that I am suspended from Uni until the end of August.

Finally!

Soooo...  I think this means that I should be handing in in the middle of Oct.  I have reached the date 12 Oct but could be anything, am all confused.  Very worried until I find out what actual date I have to work until.

I went to counselling this morning to sort out my Shit.  All very grown up and it was fecking hideous.  I do not want to talk about it with a stranger.  But I have to to sort it all out and be normal and functioning.  Ug.  It has thrown me a bit off actually, and now I have to work and all of a sudden my work feels really pointless and trite.  I just want to watch tv or have a bath and just sort of zone out.  This isn't good, seeing as counselling is supposed to help me work, so I stop fretting about other stuff/letting other stresses leak into my brain and stop me working!  I have to do it though as i have stopped sleeping again in the past few days and nearly had a panic attack after dropping bean off this morning.  Why, I do not know.  But I don't want to go back!  Ever!  Oh dear.

So, what to do now. 

I know.  I am going to do my exercise dvd and work out my horrible feelings :)  Then I shall have a shower and get a sandwich and come and work.  I'll only have an hour and a half :(

Work shall be 10 mins on, 10 mins off and I shall just have to do that, gently gently, for today.  At least it is *something*.  Today's goal is just to put the counselling mardiness behind me; open the chapter; re-familiarise myself with the content.  I don't want to leave today still being unsure about what is in it and being a bit frightened of it.  I want to know what I want to say, why I want to say it and know what my next move is.  Am sad this is all I have time for today, but sometimes this is what happens I guess.

Brilliantly, however, the childminder has offered to have Bean on Monday as she was ill last Thurs.  So I won't lose any of that time as I didn't manage to work over the weekend.  We have been invited to the South for a family do in Aug which I considered going to, despite PhD, and was told by the party-haver that I really don't need to go but should work instead.  So I think I will work and send DB and Beean off and have a long weekend to myself to Get Shit Done.  He doesn't want to go either though!

And so I am suspended!  No library no nuttin'.  eek.  I can't wait to get the PhD done and not be in this crappy hole any more. 

x J

No comments: