Saturday 8 September 2012

Feeling Much Better!

I have done some good work today!

I did an hour, took an hour off, did an hour and will do some more and then slope off again for a bit.  I can hear my family outside and I want to be there too! 

I have managed to sort out the melee that was my chapter and have a semblence of order to it.  I have been ruthlessly avoiding proper editing; I have got the right text in vaguely the right place but not edited it or sorted the sentences so they are neatly conjoined and sensible.  This I can do after the holiday, for now I am all about adding text and making the chapter structurally tolerable :)

Am so glad I worked today, even though I am feeling a bit rough.  (Feeling a bit under the weather as the day goes on, better not have got Bean's skanky cold!)  I really didn't want to work earlier and when I thought about why I realised it was because I didn't really know what was going on with the chapter.  It was a big confusing mess and I did not like it!  Which made me realise i need to work on it more than ever then; I don't think there is a better reason to have to work than when you don't know what is going on with it. Sometimes chapters just are like big knots that need untangling and I HATE this!  Am not patient with it at all, I just want to get on with it.

Anyway, I have sorted it and gradually the chapter is starting to make sense to me again.  Thank goodness, I can watch X-factor and eat my chinese leftovers in peace :)

And I have inadvertently written another 500 words.  Hurrah.

x J

No comments: