Thursday 6 September 2012

Tiiiired and Boooooored

Arf I am tired and bored today!

I managed to change my childminder date to Monday so I have tomorrow off, which is grand because I need it!

Yesterday was a nightmare.  A nightmare!  Endnote wouldn't work in my methodology chapter, I think it was an old chapter and  had started it using Word's referencing system many moons ago, before I have endnote.  But it wouldn't put my new refs in properly or convert my old ones, it was just very unhappy.  I tried opening a new document and copy and pasting the etxt but it was like the text itself was diseased, even without the references, and would corrupt the new document :(  So after an hour of this and feeling utterly exasperated I decided it would be quicker for me to type the chapter out into a new document and re-do the refs as I went along with endnote.  I only had 4 refs!  but it was a nightmare anyway.  i typed half of it out and decided to just type out some more and write new stuff each day until I was done :(  Arf.  DB was adamant there would be a better way and I am sure there is but I do not know what it is and couldn't waste the whole day working it out only to find there was none.  I couldn't work out how to delete the page numbers i had at the bottom too - which sounds daft as I can actually do this normally, but think the doc was just corrupted and fecked anyway.  When at this stage of the PhD I could really do with knowing what I am writing is 'safe' you know?!  I might have taken the long way around but I feel good for doing it... which is what counts.

So I spent all day doing that and was knackered (and sick of typing!) but still had to do the day's work of 500 words so sat down and did that at around 7.15 once bean was asleep (after having a massive tantrum for about an hour because he was soooooo tired :( ).  Worked till about 8.30 then finally relaxed downstairs. 

Today I am very tired as I did not sleep well!  And I am bored, bored, bored of doing methodology stuff!  I have done half of my 500 words so that is good, and want to to more, more, more!  Need to write lots today.  Am freewriting again, just trying to get down as much as I can and not worry too much about form.  I have realised I need a theory I was going to ditch so haven't read as much as I should have, and generally find it quite complicated, so will need to go to the library after holiday and read up on it :(  YUK.

Ok... so better get writing! 

x J

No comments: