Saturday 26 November 2011

Norovirus

Eugh we had the dreaded norovirus (aka evil winter vomiting bug) at our house this whole week.  And I got it on Thursday!

So I have done no work apart from what I did on Weds night, but rhe work I did on Weds was grand.  Today I feel just awful, really really fatigued and well, a bit wiped out really, physically and emotionally...  I need a good laugh!  Too tired to do anything though ;0)  Obviously that all has to go on the backburner for work though.  I can't believe I have to work today.  And not just a bit but a LOT!  Am also a bit blue because #9out of the blue shocker hehe) I want another baby (!) but don't think it will happen this month.  This, oddly, has made me really sad!  I don't know why, we only decided to sort of see what happened because if I got preggers now I wouldn't be due until a couple of months after my other baby is due (haha, the PhD obvs)... so would (hopefully) be in fine fettle for handing in and doing my viva and then settle down with my family, all doctored up.  Anyway, it has made me sad.  I dunno.  Is too early to tell actually but I did a test anyway being a silly, majorly impatient moo and am all grumpy about it.  Am being really stupid aren't I. 

OK!  Cheer up.  DB just got home, and he knows I am blue but not really why, although the fact I have spent a really intense week cooped up with a toddler with sicky bug and then having it myself, plus the pressure of having to have a week off work seems to be enough for him to feel a mite sorry for me ;0)  Anyway, he has offered to make me a cup of tea and gimme a biccie so that is cool.  Although in truth I don't want either, but I do want the gesture :0)  To feel a bit looked after innit.

Am all tearful today!

RIGHT.  Onwards!  I am going to drink mah tea and eat mah biccie and get some energy going.  Then I shall open facebook and mumsnet (I know, but they are like my office buddies these days!  I get lonesome else and seek company hehe) and shall look through the fantabulous plan I wrote for myself on Wedsnesday, in anticipation of my all-too-predictable confusion whenever I sit back at my desk after a couple of days away.

Am fine.  All Is Well :0)  Am working until 2.30pm.  BYE!!

x J

No comments: