Saturday 12 November 2011

Working!

Yes, I am working. 

It is sunny for the first time in a week so I am gutted that I am having to spend it at my laptop and not out with my family but at the same time am so pleased to be getting back on track!  It is important for Bean to spend some time with DB on his own too so is good I am up here.  And I could do with some time off being the main cooker person and cleaner and tidier so is nice to have DB downstairs making me crekky while I work.

Big incentive for me today is to get as much done as possible so I can try and have some of tomorrow off to spend with my family.  Priority is though to get this chapter done. 

I have noticed that as my PhD progresses the writing process seems to get muckier.  Whereas before when I needed to write a chapter I would write a plan and then write the chapter, now it seems that I plan, plan again and then plan again, having to cross reference with other chapters all the time to make sure I am not repeating myself.  And I need to re-write the intro all the time, when previously the intro would be my guide now it is always in doubt as I get new ideas or fancy writing in something different or the structure changes.

I don't like it!

x J

No comments: