Thursday 10 November 2011

The PhD Paradox

Is the fact the I hate my work, I resent having to do it and the stress of it infiltrates every corner of my waking life.

However, when I am doing it, when I have broken into it and have some rhythmn and basic understanding of what the hell it is all about it is incredibly fulfilling, rewarding and, dare I say it, enjoyable.

So why, when I am having to do it, when I am procrastinating, when I am having sleepless nights over the horror of it, can I not just remember that I like it really?  Then I wouldn't be anything like as stressed or worried, and I would surely look forward to sitting at my desk when I have to?!  I am having a grand time at the mo!  I am working, I have a lovely autumnal view of my garden, I have a quiet house and am actually using my brain for something that has nothing to do with anyone but me.  SO why do I hate it so much?! 

Bah, contrary mary.

x J

No comments: