Tuesday 8 September 2009

All fine

I have come in at a bit of a strange time, as am confuddled as all heck and full of ebay rage... But my day has gone very well, thank you.

Confuddlement: caused by very close friend saying its her (very early) beeday party on the night I am in london for the Big Conference I Am Presenting At and all my friends will be going, including those I am staying with. This is a problem because a) I am presenting that weekend for the first time ever to an International Audience at one of the biggest conferences in my field in the WORLD b) I am therefore working not on a jolly c) I am not drinking d) I will be 30 weeks pregnant and most probably knackered from all the commuting and travelling from up north and around london and e) I have to be up early to commute to the conference for a day of horrible networking and boredom. These all conspire together to make it so I don't want to be up late and will need to be chauffered home by whoever I am staying with, probably not much to their delight. And so, in short, I am going to be a party-pooping, pregnant bore. She has also let me know, not very kindly, that if I am not going to go then I should tell her as that means whoever I am staying with shan't be able to go either and this will ruin her party, even though this is the best night for her for various reasons. This is not fair on me or anyone else and so I am considering getting a b and b and just staying in on my todd and working. This seems great apart from the fact I am not a millionaire and affording places to stay in london will not be fun (although I can get anything reimbursed from Uni, but it takes ages and I will need all my money for DBs beeday). So, worried, but kind of like the idea of having my own space to practice my presentation, relax after a day and not have to rely on other people to let me in or be in to entertain me. ALSO, the friend I am staying with is miles away from the conference venue which is going to be horrible as I hate london and tubes. So there.

Ebay rage: some twit who can't spell is arguing with me about the payment method when it says very clearly that she wanted to be paid through paypal. Which i did and now she has refunded me saying she doesn't want it but wants cash on collection, which means I lose 10% of the money in transfer fees back to my bank account, plus the paion the arse of transferring it in the first place. Plus the amount I have to pay her is fiddly and annoying. I hate her and have to go and pick up the boxes tomorrow and not tell her she is a moron, a total moron, and that I hate her.

Work: going well! the intro is done (for now) and all the writing I copy and pasted but don't want has been deleted, leving me with about 2,500 words for now. I have started on the 'meat', and will continue with that tomorrow.

For now, I have hunger and so shall go and cook.

Am chuntering with ebay rage. bah!

x J

No comments: