Monday 14 September 2009

Am in the mood...

For WORK!

Am up and at 'em, have got open my old political chapter and am reading through it swiftly to remember what it says, and marking which bits I will take out and add to the Indian chapter and which bits can be taken for this paper, as well as later added to from this paper.

Am really tired, didn't sleep well at all, but in a positive mood. Had a brilliant weekend, cleaned a *lot* yesterday and Saturday spent in the sunshine at the local park with DB, reading the paper and eating chicken and stuffing sarnies from the bakery. Was just so lovely. Is an arts festival on where I live for two weeks, some of the houses open as art exhibitions, there are kiddies trails and amdram stuff (er, no thanks) and... a beer festival. I was so looking forward to it when we moved in! Instead I get baked goods and the paper which isn't a bad second. Spent lots of time with DB over the weekend which was lovely as obviously time together will be rare after Beanie is born and we will be under quite a lot of stress (so all the books say) when he is born - tired and snappy and rearranging our whole outlooks on life so nice to cement the fact that we do, actually, get on really ;0) Also looked for all DBs beeday pressies for next month and have found a lovely castle to take him to for a couple of nights. Is a bit haunted but am trying to overlook that... Speaking of which! My olde worlde cottage of a house is being a bit strange atm! Yesterday I was vacuuming on my own downstairs and it turned off, I went to the wall and yes, the cord had pulled out of the socket so I kicked it back in but it didn't come back on - because the switch had been turned off?! Maybe I didn't turn it on properly but it is a switch so, really, is either on or off. And also we keep 'leaving' the bathroom light on, and is getting to the stage where I think I am going mad because I *never* leave lights on when I leave a room at night, I thought I was just being pregnant and forgetful. But it is nearly always on when I come upstairs! Hmmmm...

Do we think we may have a cheeky little friend?! I shall ask my ma, she is super sensitive about these things and coming to stay on Saturday. I believe in ghosts (why not?!) but am not very sensitive to them. Anyway, just seems a bit strange.

Ok! Today:
* read through old chapter and sort out in head and write out any useful passages into current paper.
* decide what you want to achieve this week. I know I want a first draft done for when Uni starts which is two weeks today, then I can take this proudly to my Sup, along with the 2000 wds of my Indian chaper and hopefully a translation or two of my interviews so am clearly ready to start on the next chapter.
* Try and work all day until 5pm.
* Work more than you go on the internet ;0)

I start in the final, fourth year of Uni in two weeks. In my final year! In the writing up stage!

OMFG.

x J

No comments: