Friday 18 September 2009

Ok dokey... I think?!

Today was a bit of a bad/good day...

I did lots of work, but then skived a lot too. Having worked so hard for 1.5 days getting my brain to sit and work *again* today was hard! So I have to work tomorrow as punishment. Is so weird having a serious deadline I can't put off - makes me realise how used to delaying I have got! I feel good for the work I have done, then realise it has to be *finished* for Monday, no excuses, and realise I have so much more to do!

Had a horrible moment earlier, was editing my work and it said I have about 3,700 words, and I thought to myself that I had done more than that, but couldn't remember exactly and so soldiered on, then it came to abrupt end... none of my work from the afternoon was there! my comp has been really dodgy recently, it has a really noisy hardrive and I think it has a bug too from India... so I thought maybe it hadn't saved anything after 1.30. I checked my memory stick, nothing there from after 1.30 either! Then remembered I had saved it in a kinky place for no reason (pregnant brain again) and thankfully, the longer version was there. My heart was in my mouth! All that work! Those minute adjustments, all that thought and energy - gone! So I have been backing up and saving religiously today!

Got up to 4,500 words... Had to delete about 500 as have cut out a main point that I was going to put in the paper but now a) cannot be bothered and b) don't need to write about it and c) will actually be more focussed now, making a main point and an argument about it, instead of an argument then another argument of it!

Didn't explain that very well...

Anyway, going to work tomorrow from about 10 until 2 like I planned anyway, but will really work! I want to have this pretty much done, am aiming for 5000 words and then a conclusion of about 250 words. It is getting a bit rough around the edges, refs aren't as polished and arguments not made with very concise language. But the argument is there, it will flow and it will be better than a simple copy and paste job, or even in note-form as my Sup said I could get away with. I will do some editing in front of the tele on Sunday I think, just make sure it flows ok and makes any kind of sense. I have a feeling there may be a bit of chopping and changing to be done, but if the words, quotes and arguments are there that is the hard part done.

Really looking forward to 2pm tomorrow and freeeeedoooooom!

x J

No comments: