Monday 14 September 2009

Good Day!

Today has gone so well!

I have had a brain today, it has been very noticable and my pregnant fug has subsided. I managed to re-write out my chapter plan for the PhD which is great, it needed updating and now I have something definite to show my Sup re: developments. I have also gone through my old chapter and realised it really seems to be my whole thesis in 8,000 words! So I have chopped it up to put into the different chapters and will make it up again using the info for this paper. So is good news, am not creating more work for myself!

Have also emailed one of my contacts re: transcribing my India interviews, he writes really fluently so am hopeful. Fingers crossed. Emailed my RA and asked him if he actually will do the translations (over a month late with them now!) and if not can he donate the money to his charity (I will tell his boss to expect it!) and he can naff off then. Grrr. Don't like being messed around. That would be the end of another PhD era! Blimey, didn't think of that.

Managed to get lots of work done, and coud hold more than one thought in my head at a time so worked all day really. Didn't have a lunchbreak as such and did work more than not so am really pleased! Who knows what tomorrow will be like, probably back to the fug. So tomorrow I can carry on writing out this chapter/paper with a clear idea of how it fits into the rest of the thesis.

I hope! I worked so well without the computer (most of the work was done with printed copies of chapter outlines and the paper) and am toying with the idea of writing it out longhand... away from the laptop and its wealth of distractions.

Is this completely barmy?!

x J

No comments: