Thursday 17 September 2009

Woah lady

I worked like a demon today! A fiend! A PhD student!

Got to my desk about 10am, worked until 1.45, had off until about 3pm with lunch, email and conference checking and a little lie down and time out (I know, but I am pregnant!). Then worked until 5. And when I was working, I was *working*! Head down, shoulders hunched, writing away. Did editing and wrote another 500 words this morning and had a bit of a panic that I was only a third of the way through, had written 3,500 words of a 9,000 words maximum (aiming for 6,000) and had only the afternoon and tomorrow to get it finished... Eek! Managed to do lots of writing after lunch and have 4,300 words - over a 1,000 done today and they aren't bad either. Have also realised quite a few of the ideas I can leave out for this paper, which will help me write it in time, keep some back for my PhD chapter and make it more focussed and the presentation easier to do too.

Am presenting on the Saturday lunchtime so I have found out... bleugh. Was hoping it would be Sunday as would then be able to do it and come back home, and could use Saturday as a warm up day, getting into the conference vibe. My friend is having a dinner party on Friday night too for her Beeday which I wanted to go to - she is in my close circle of friends who all live in london, and the guys I am staying with for the weekend will be going definitely. I said I would go but now am not sure and may pull a pregnant sickie. Which wouldn't be entirely untrue - I am quite anxious about being the wrong side of London from where I am staying, watching all my mates get hammered on a Friday night and not knowing when I can get home to bed - I don't like busy, loud envornments any more as I feel protective of Beanie, and will be anxious about be ok for my presentation and conference the next day... If I am tired I really do go to pieces these days, my body is too busy with Bean to help me out! I dunno, will play it by ear I reckon but no one would blame me for not going. If I could just go to the dinner it would be fine but there's no way it will finish there, my friends are drinking hounds! Will be a late one fo' sure! Such a shame it isn't on the Sat, would be raring to go then, having done the presentation.

Having fish and chips tonight! Woo! I am on a big fish and greasy chips craving today and after describing my favourite meal (fried fish and greasy chips, not oven chips) in a very complicated way DF suggested we go to the chippy - which I hadn't even considered! Dope.

Tomorrow am up and at 'em allllll day. Will work like a fiend again. I have planned out and written the refs for my last two major points and that should be about 1000 words. Then will need to conclude and edit to a reasonable standard (will be rough when hand in on Mon but polished enough to make sense) on Saturday. Then shall be ready! Will have lots of days off then come back to it on Weds and with a fresh eye, edit it again and send to my Sup for the following week! Wooty!

x J

No comments: