Thursday 19 January 2012

brain melt!

I worked really hard today!

Worked my socks off until 2.15 when I finished a particular section.  I have only managed to edit a third of the chapter though which I think says something about the state it was in!

I hate editing, it is soooooo hard!  Holding all the arguments and points in your haed so you can check that the intro makes sense and is concise and remembering what I have said all the time is surprisingly difficult.  It is satisfying when a good part of it has been ironed out though.  I think I might have over signposted but won't know until I go back through it with a fresh eye.  This chapter seems particularly complicated as there are a lot of little points I want to make rather than two or three big 'uns so getting them under one umbrella heading is a pain in the bum.

Anyway, I worked so hard my brain has melted now I have had lunch!  I have half an hour before I get ready to get my bean and then I won't be able to work again till saturday.  Am annoyed I have only got a third of the way through!  I think I will skim read some more and see how messy the rest is so I have an idea of what is what for saturday.  I don't think the rest is as muddled -  may not have to do much other than signpost properly.  We'll see.  I do feel somehwat cleansed for doing this work though, and it is the kind of work that I can leave and do other stuff like reading in the meantime.  I am not sure if I will work tonight, probably not as I am super tired from today's concentrating!  And I shan't work tomorrow as it is friday, I have bean and will probably crack open some vino tomorrow night and relax!  So saturday it is.

x J

No comments: