Thursday 5 January 2012

Woo!

Arf I love a good tribulatary (?!) episode ;0)

Am so excited, I have read through the comments my sup made on the chapter which are amazing and delightful. 

I keep just drinking in their wonderfulness.  I changed the two things he recommended I expand on a bit and other than that the signposting, cross-referencing, grammar, quotes and length were all fantabulous so he has said I can tuck it up to bed now until hand-in!  I have actually written a chapter that is worthy of a PhD examination!  WOOOOOOOOOOOO.  I can't believe it.  I was hoping for a 'meh' at best but hurrah and joy that my work is not complete dunderland!  And so far today I have been formatting my chapters to uni requirments as sup is worried in case I go over 400 pages (!) which I can't believe would happen but thought I should see what it will look like and what I have to do before I write much more.

I ahve written a plan of action for the First Draft Hand In and this will now be on the 23 March.  Mucyh later than the 1 march deadline I had but is the weekend after my birthday...  so I shall go away on a holiday and enjoy birthdayness and no PhDness for a week :0)  I wanted to hand in before my birthday but that would be a wednesday and it would be stupid to be paying for bean to be in childcare for weds and thurs and making myself finish early just to meet a spurious self-set deadline when I could use those two days...  and also DB works in an office and can't just take weekdays off.  So I shall work on my beeday and have what is effectively an extra week to do it.  I still have managed to end up with only 9 days to write an intro and conclusion which could be rather foolhardy.  But at the end of that day I shall know it inside and out by then and can just write it out asap - it is just a description of all the other work I have been slogging away over so shouldn't be too much brain work?  And if I don't have it finished poifectly then it doesn't matter, it is only a draft and I have another 2 whole months afterwards to read through, edit and re-write.  shall be fine, especially considering one of my chapter is *hand in worthy*.  What if, by the time I have done my first draft, most of them are ready?  Oooh that would be lovely.

Righty I am hungry and then am going to read through one of my old chapters and woprk out how it needs changing, which won;t be hard but does need to be done to be first draft worthy.

Honestly, I can feel that this really will all be over soon :0)))))))

x J

No comments: