Tuesday 10 January 2012

Reading lists

Ach today was spent planning my discussion chapter..,

which turns out to be a discussion and lit rview chapter!  needless to say I cannot do my discussion without knowing all of my literature...  and I have a bit to catch up on!  This is good news and bad.  It is annoying that I am unable to just 'get on' with the chapter, but good because once I have read this stuff i will be able to do this chapter and the lit review pretty quickly.  I will know my onions innit. 

Am loving my kindle for this!  I have downloaded all my PDF books and reports onto it, and can get all my journal articles too, so don't need to print them or read them on my comp :0)  On it as well you can bookmark pages and write notes so it is ace!  Doesn't have glare like a laptop so it is much nicer to read, and of course, there is no internet ;0)

But I won't be reading.  Oh no.  I will be skimming!  I will get the gist, take what I need and go!  Haha, take that pretend knowledge.

Sooo, tonight I am continuing to gather together my refs for journal articles.  Tomorrow I shall look for books I need to read and then will get on with my reading.  I probably need to read about 30 more journal articles and 20 odd books.  Might be more books, but I shall in no way be reading much of the books, and will be taking quotes and putting them straight into the comp so I can copy and paste them into the text as I need them.

One thing I am worried about is that I don't feel my discussion has anything new to contribute to the thesis.  I think i need to tackle this by asking myself if the thesis is finished, and if not, what it is I want to say.  I shall do that now.

Arf I am grumpy this evening.  I knew it was going to be rubbish when I had to pick up Bean still full of work worry and frustration.  If I could i would go for a run now.  But I cannae.  Luckily DB has come back in time to help put Bean to bed;  little man is being a wind-up merchant and I tell you, I am not in the mood!  I have been telling him this all afternoon but it seems to just be fuel to his superb conflagration of mischief and hyperactivity.  It is my fault because I know full well that when I am stressy about work my patience and tolerance of toddler antics goes out of the window and he knows this, but I can't chill out.  I just want to work!

So now I shall work.  Can't wait until bean is asleep then I can have some tea, a bit of peace and get on.  Honestly, my day starts at 7am and just hasn't stopped.  I don't intend to go to bed before I have all my journal articles downloaded or 1am...  This cannot bleed into tomorrow, I hate wasting my precious childminder hours doing mundane stuff like this!  It should be for brain work ;0)

Anyway, must get on!

x J

No comments: