Monday 23 January 2012

Confuddled

But that's what supervisors are for!

I have been stressing and pondering today as rewriting my political chapter is *still* ongoing.  I am gutted and stressed about this as I am meant to be finishing the journal reading for my discussion and lit review chapters this week and am not going to :0(  This makes me, as emoticonned, sad which makes me worried and stressed and suitable only for pacing rooms chainsmoking.  ( I don't do this, but if I could, I would!)

SO I decided to email my sup and ask if I am doing the right thing.  For me, the right thing is to hand in a firrst draft that I think is as tip-top as I can get it.  However, it will leave me only about 5 weeks from handing it in to my submission deadline to edit it and blardy bla.  Is this too tight?  Shoudl i hand in any old thing but at least hand it in with more time to spare on the other side?  I suppose it would depend on how confident my sup is that the first draft, and my idea of 'tip-top' would mean 5 weeks is a-ok.  I am happy I thought to email though (finally) and await his, probably cryptic and a bit sarky, response. 

So glad I emailed.  So worried about handing in 'late' and screwing everything up.  He will probably say the most vile, unspoken option three which is hand it in in tip-top condition with 2 months to spare.  This would mean bye-bye life and sanity, hello all night working and stress.

We shall see.

x J

No comments: