Tuesday 17 January 2012

marching onwards

not much to report at the mo really...

i worked at the weekend doing mah readin'.  Lots of journal articles to read, and the list is getting longer!  O have added an extra week onto my deadline though, reackon it will be more useful this side of it rather than in the editing phase - no point handing in soemthing uncompleted to have to edit more!  And i nicked a week from my lit review chapter, as I am doing all the reading now so don't need it then.  This has made me more relaxed but still am speedreading ;0) 

I am being dopey today!  Think cause I couldn't work on Thurs and have been around my busy, busy bean since the quiet house is just too delightful and my brain has turned to splodge!  Am cocooned by the silence and giving in to my lethergy.  Looking after a wean when you are zonked is soooooooooooo hard (he keeps waking up at night again bah).  But working is a doddle in comparison :0)  Anyway, I am going to go and eat some lunch, watch something nice on tv and then come back this afternoon and do a couple of hours of good reading. 

Am in such a daydreaming mode. 

BUT at the weekend my reading led me to have manby new ideas for my discussion chapter which was marvellous (and possibly contributing to my relaxed state?!).  I realised the discussion was not going to be about more of the same, but would be a loftier, more academic rumination on the conclusions and arguments drawn from the arguments so far.  They form the 'why' (does it matter) and this chapter forms the necessary 'why again' that is proper analysis.  Hurrah!  So I am writing about different stuff that uses the info from my thesis to form contentions and support them, but not witter on about them again.  Hurrah!  I am so feeling like i can do this.  It will be mine! 

Soooo, I hope to have the discussion chapter finished by the 19th Feb.  I think, with all the reading I have to do that will be the LAST reading I do (apart from just keeping on top of current debate for the viva etc), this is most reasonable.  I am very excited!  this chapter is shaping up to be really interesting for me, which means I shall hoipefully write about it with some verve and enthusiasm and not too much of a horrid chore(like the last two yuk) and THEN this will also be the last proper brain workl I ahve to do!  the lit review, methodology, intro and concl are just blurt chapters, by which I mean just blurt out what you haev done - descriptive, not really analytical.  AND they only desrcibe what I have already done/know so no new knowledge required.  BORING but at least I should start sleeping :0)  At some point over the last couple of weeks I have really got this work into perspective and realised that it is achievable.  I have no idea when, or how but after the crisis when DB took Bean to cornwall and I confessed to my Sup that it was all just awful it seems to have got better and better.  Maybe that was my big crisis (the end of a few months of crisis tbh) and I am just running towards the deadline now.  that would be nice (although secretly I am always looking out for the next crisis!).

This is why I can't work today.  I have the house (and my mind) to myself and in it I am having a small, (rather early) party (which worries me ;0)).  But anyway, you have to have these moments when you can.

x J

No comments: