Tuesday 17 June 2008

Colour vision curiosity

Well, I went into uni this morning to do this colour vision research test and have to say I was more than a little confident about it. Whizzed through the tests and 'passed' the first one so I could go on to the next. If I passed that one I could then come back another day and do lots more and earn a much-needed £36. But I failed the second part. Twice! How sad I was dear reader. Mostly because I hate failing at anything. DB came along too and did the tests after me and informed me that where I thought I had done the first test really well and got nearly highest marks, in fact I was really bad! And, yes you guessed, he was really good. Maybe he is lying. He failed the second test too; I could tell he was a bit blue about it. In fact he has asked if he can go back and have another go next week. Competitive or what?!! I can't believe I have such rubbish colour vision. I had to place these colours in order of hue from light to dark and thought I was a natural at it, but really wasn't apparently. And I like to paint! What on earth am I painting?! What if I think I have painted a lovely red abstract with a dashing streak of yellow and blue on it, when to everyone else it looks like sick?! Hmmm. DB did say my score was good average. But still, being the perfectionist that I am, having 'failed' I am now convinced I am practically blind. Well, anyway, I can go back to do another test for a psychology experiment next week and get mah sel' a tenner. Woot. Reject group it is.

Didn't go to the pub in the end yesterday. I drank a bottle of wine in the kitchen instead (with DB). Cheeky. Half a bottle is what The British Government are busy telling us is middle-class 'binge-drinking', so according to them I should have been sat in my own wee by the end of the night, crying and mumbling into my dribble-covered chest. Instead I cooked up a rather lovely fillet of salmon with a side dish of sauted leeks and mushrooms, and caper mash. How middle class is that?! While I was doing this I have to say that DB had found a dreg of very old weed, I mean very old and we don't even smoke the stuff so lord knows where it came from. Anyway, having run out of booze, in true binge-drinking addled style he tried to roll it up and have a wee smoke while I was cheffing away. At one point I turned on the second kitchen light to see better and turned to see his confused little head peering up at me from the table where he informed me that 'either I am just coming out of being really stoned or am starting to come up because it has just got really bright in here'. silly boy.

Well. Back to work. I have lots of lovely library books to read, hurray! I ought to turn off my computer and get to work on them. This will be a struggle. Maybe I should leave it on and write my notes up onto the computer? I wish, I wish I could do this. But I cannot absorb things that are on a computer screen. I am a very tangible person and need to write, re-write and highlight and star and scribble, on paper. This is how I internalise things and work ideas out, sadly. It is very long-winded.

Ooh! Also, I just have to mention that I am proud to announce that I am coming out of my horrible social drought. For a while all my uni friends were abroad, and whereas I didn't see them much before they went I am planning to see them muchos now. I have dinner dates for the next two Fridays and I am going to make sure I go. No getting shy and pulling out, No siree!

Must read (aka play scrabulous).

see ya laters!
x J

No comments: