Monday 16 June 2008

End of Day Report

Well today has been a success I am glad to say!! I spent this morning working out a timetable until september, including when to schedule jabs, passport applications, visas and ticket buying. I emailed a couple of people about visas, flights and funding and worked out the exact dates I wish to be away for. This is exciting. I worked out a rough language-learning timetable too. Then went to the gym at lunchtime (yay!) which was horrible and spent this afternoon working out a more detailed timetable relating to the next six weeks. Found out that my reading for chapter four is actually not to do with that chapter specifically but more a catch-up on macro-political issues, so I have given the next week for this and termed it my 'self development' reading. Then I shall start chapter four analysis proper a week on Thursday. Then I started to daydream at around 5 I am afraid. So in all I worked from 10.30 (not including prior blog time which was kind of working because I wrote my to-do list) until 5.30. With a 1.5 hour lunch/gym break. So in total 5 and a half hours of continuous working... which, I think for a first day back and a Monday and all that, is not bad.

Tomorrow I am going in for an eye test for someone's research project at 10am, then to the library to pick up all my lovely new books. I love getting books out and coming back with them and too often count that as a day's work well done. It just feels all organised and lovely.

DB mentioned going to the pub earlier and I am feeling rather swayed. The sun is shining outside (although accompanied by a stiff breeze which may seriously hamper outdoorsy boozy frolicks) but really I should stay in and cook some healthy dins and watch some teevee like a good girlie. But then again, tomorrow am I am going to be busy out-and-about so any cobwebs will be brushed off, I am not beholden to a terrifyingly imminent deadline and, well, I fancy a pint and a chat.

What to do?!

x J

No comments: