Thursday 19 June 2008

Thursday 19 June 08

Hello again.

Well, last night I didn't fill in my passport application but I did manage to learn a bit about using endnote. I have missed the workshops at uni and my library kindly sent me a workbook which I had a look at last night. The only thing that saddens me is that I have my refs all nicely typed up so far, but now I need to write them ALLLLL into endnote. This is a weekend-in-front-of-the-tele job methinks. How very tedious! Oh well, it seems I will be grateful in the long term.

I turned on my laptop this morning and it went to a blank set-up screen instead of my log in page. I was terrified, my little heart was beating away in my chest. Went to the start-up menu and clicked 'swtich user' in the desperate hope that it was some kind of mistake, which thankfully it was. I have got my PhD file saved onto a memory stick but my favourites list isn't and also this computer remembers my academic passwords for me! That would be a pain indeed. Think DB must have borrowed it last night for some reason.

Today has been rubbish so far. I slept in late (alarm issues, not being lazy) and missed aerobics. This morning was funny actually because I went downstairs to get my laptop and DB was working on the sofa and he looks up at me and confesses that this morning he missed tennis. This is a running joke because he always 'misses' tennis because he, like me, is not a morning person and would rather sleep that run around at some ungodly hour of the day (i.e. before 11am). Except this morning I could join in and confess that I missed aerobics. Cynical looks from The Boy. I really did want to go. I have a problem though because I haven't done as much work as I wanted to yet this week, and also got up late this morning... I HATE getting up late. I like to be at my desk by 9.30, coffee in hand, and have some good work underway by 10.30. I think this part of the day is crucial as regards how the rest of the day will pan out. It also means that I have a good three hours at my desk done before I go to the gym and have lunch. Not today though, so I think today's plan will run thus:

  • Work until 12.30 (2 hours). Go to the gym for a quick half an hour (better than not going at all) on the way to supermarket for general provisions and banoffi pie ingredients.

  • Come back by 2, eat teeny lunch, work until at least 6.
I also need to consider what shopping we may need and work out what we want for dins and how long that may take.

I also need to think about earning some more money. I am totally skint at the moment and although DB earns a healthy wage I hate to rely on him. I think I may do some babysitting or dog walking or somthing. Might pop a card into the supermarket later...

I tell you, for no reason at all today I have woken up at odds with myself. Maybe I had some funny dreams...

RIGHT. Will work and be a Good Student, that'll cheer me up.

Bye!
x J

No comments: