Tuesday 3 June 2008

Rainin' rainin'

Lots of rain outside. Lots of rain. Luckily for me I am bug*ering off to spain tomorrow. Huzzahs! Big hugs to those of you left in the UK...

Nurse R was a nightmare again yesterday. We were in there for about twenty minutes and I came out like a raging bull. She is such a fool. She makes a normal conversation about vaccinations into a test of our true commitment to travel. She creates havoc and confusion and thrives off it. I went in with a list from netdoctor of what jabs I need. Also from lonely planet. And I booked really early to understand the ins and outs and organise dates and suchlike - we are moving to another country after all, the jabs need to fit in around house moving and work and everything. And she is all like, 'well, you know that the rabies vaccine is £120.' I say I do. 'And you know that you will have to pay £10 to have the injection'. Righty then. 'Oh. And you have to have Japanese Encephalitus B, that is expensive too.' YES woman! I know! I am going to deepest darkest exoticland, I need jabs! Lots of expensive, time consuming jabs! And then she tells me that I should really come closer to the time, but not in a friendly, 'Ok! let see you closer to the time, go and make the necessary appts', no. She is telling me off for being organised, and last time I saw her she told me off for not seeing her a few months in advance. I really cannot stand her. And it turned out that by-the-by I need to see the doc to get the prescription for two of the jabs, then go to the chemist and buy them (order them?) and then come back and see her to get the actual jabs. So this is a lengthy process and I think it has been useful to go in early to know this or it would be a very confusing rush and getting docs appts is not easy. But no, she just sort of slips it in like I should already know, peering over her glasses like, 'well?! Didn't you know?! Stupid, stupid girl.' We are not having her again she drives me insane with her stupidity and confusion - and why is she seemingly trying to put me off?!! Like I will go, well, ok Nursey that jab is expensive, I shan't have it. In fact I shall never travel again, isn't it a nightmare?!

Bah.

I am very curious about why Robert Mugabe has been invited to a UN world food summit. This is insane! He has turned the 'breadbasket of Africa' into a land of famine, conflict and disease. Oh, the playful madness of the UN.

I worked yesterday! For a whole hour. Needed to go through the comments from the transfer meet about this chapter and tidy it all up. Now i have filed it away... And shan't look at it again until next year when back from f/wk. Nuts! It is so close to my heart. I hope I don't look at it in a year and think it is a load of nonsense. Am off tomorrow so when I come back I will start chapter four, my next chapter. Posting will change then to be more PhD-inclined I expect. I quite like rabbiting as well as writing PhD stuff though because for me this is more of a diary, and my day consists of PhDness and nonsense (same thing?!), so why not write it together?

My sis is coming up later - she is coming to spain with me and DB. She has been terribly ill so seeing her is a total joy and I continously resolve to never take her for granted. I say continuously because she is my little sister and gets right on my wotsits, so, as usual, we will probably be happily bickering away by late afternoon. We are going to stay with my ma, she lives in the mountains in the South of Spanishland and speaks Spanish and hangs out with locals rather than sticking with expats in expatspanishland. Am so proud. Where she lives is very secluded and peaceful, lots of walks and mountain cafes. I need that, I need clear air and space and sun. Time away from the news. And a pool. I love swimming. Speaking of which I should go to the local pool later but cannae be arsed. I will regret it I know... And also, the silly thinkg is that I know that if I go I will really enjoy myself! And afterwards be so proud of my commitment to exercise and health! All it takes is that first step out of the door and then I wouldn't look back. OR I can stay here, read the paper and daydream about tomorrow... Cook some eggsies for brunch... pack (again. I started packing a week ago. Am super-organised). Maybe I shall have a word with DB about organising himself to go away. Such a wifey thing to do! I hate it actually. I will be packing for him soon. Ug, I am not doing a PhD to pack my boyfriend's case, however darling he is. Actually, for our trip to C. America we nearly missed the train to London because he was working until the nth minute. We had ten minutes to go and he hadn't packed a single item. A single thing! I was stressed to the eyeballs and wacked some clothes in a backpack for him and ran to the train station without him, I was going even if he wasn't. And then later he had the gall to complain about the clothes I had packed for him!! Wow, that was a near-divorce moment. We always argue like mad when we are going away because I am super organised as I said, and he is always late. Late for everything. Only because he works alllllll the time though and doesn't have time. Still, stresses me out though.

Ug the radio has gone funny. The bird singing sounds like she has loads of phlegm in her throat. Nice.

Well, I am off!! I shall probably post some nonsense later or tomorrow, but if sis and I are talking to each other will probably hang out with her and try and leave this blog alone! So dear reader I shall be away until the 13th whereupon I hope to return with a sunny disposition and clear mind...

x J

No comments: