Friday 27 June 2008

Oooh!

I have perked up now. I did some work for DB for an hour and have been doing some vague research. Am annoyed I haven't done any book-work but, really, I need a break. It will be fine.

I am very excited though, because I have discovered http://www.couchsurfing.com/!! It's fabulous because I have signed on, done a search, and there are 78 people that are cool to meet for 'coffee and a chat' in TN! So when we go we can set up some people to meet and (hopefully) can make some friends! This is great and will make going there so much easier. This way we will have someone to show us around, to tell us gossip about where is fabulous to eat, what markets are great for shopping, how to get by in general, where to live... It will be soooo much easier and more pleasurable than working it all out ourselves and getting stressed and bickering! If one is travelling around, yeah, sort it out for yourself, but the thought of living in a hole for three months (only planned the first three months so far...) when we could have made friends and make it our home is silly. And the whole point of the website is to stay on people's couches when you are travelling (bleugh, not into that) and meet people from other countries and show the newbie around... perfect!

How exciting!

I am not working now. I will faff and make the bed for a bit then get ready to go out. Really looking forward to a drink, some nice food and some company. Hurray! I hope we don't talk PhDs all night, DB will never come out again!

Have a lovely Friday evening all!

x J

No comments: