Tuesday 24 June 2008

Oh dear!

I have just opened my book as I said below and the WHOLE thing, every single chapter, is brilliantly useful. Fantastic, fantastic stuff. Good times. However, it is going to take me a week odd to get through it! I don't have a week! I can't! Oh NOOOOO! That's my weekend gone. Bad times.

I mean, it's great and I look forward to reading it but... I am daunted by the task. A whole book. I suppose this is why doing a PhD is time consuming and, like, hard.

Deep breath. In I go.... Intro minimum today. Quickly; how much can you read in a day? Generally a 20 page article that is really relevant and that I am writing lots of notes for will take me, if I am 'in the zone' so to speak, about 5 hours... A long morning. I am a quick reader but it is all the thinking that is time consuming, all the cross referencing in your head, new ideas, the realisation of another 'theme' and so on...

Am procrastinating.

Bye!

x J

No comments: