Thursday 19 June 2008

Reporting in

Well, I didn't work as consistently until 6 as I had hoped but did focus toward the end and succeeded in finishing my last book, typed the review and ref into endnote (am a big fan of endnote now) and started on Klein's Shock Doctrine. So I achieved my target. I am still very much at the beginning but am fascinated by her interpretation and not a little concerned that this enormous tome is going to be my reading material for some time to come. This is a pain as I am meant to have finished my 'self-development' reading by Thursday... Isn't looking likely at this rate! I am learning lots though, and able to work out new arguments/justifications for the chapter I have just done and overall which is really exciting actually. I do love my work. Is just so hard to sit and get on with it. Today I reckon I did all of two hours work in total because I got going so late. But then again, it was good work and I know that I have internalised the information which the best thing. Why do hours have to matter SO much?!!

Have a Hep B jab tomorrow avo - NOT with Nurse R thank goodness, but at a different surgery with someone new that we hope to replace that crazy lady with (see previous blog entries for last month to catch-up if necessary!) That's at 3 and then we are out for dins with friends. Am warming up the oven to make my bannofi pie as we speak. I hope it works! So I have all day until then, but really would like to go to the gym. If I make it to work at 9.30 and travail until 12.30 then that's three hours good work. Just go to gym for half an hour and then be at work for hmmm... 2pm really. The I only have an hour and knowing me will spend that just trawling the internet. We shall see - if I feel stressed about working then I shall skip the gym. If I am fairly confident then I will go out. I could always make up some work hours on the weekend; it seems like it is going to be a very quiet one. DB is very focussed on his work at the moment which is good for our symbiotic work ethics!

I wonder how your days pan out? I would be very interested to hear other people's day or week plans and efforts. Do you make your targets all the time? Do you work all hours? Do you find it hard to get down to work?

Well, better get a-bakin'! Wish me luck!

x J

No comments: