Friday 20 June 2008

End of day!

Woo it's Friday and the end of the day. oooh! end of the weeeeeeek!

Today has been a good day in many respects. I didn't get out and run around so that is a shame, but I will go tomorrow nae bother. Other than that though today:

*I finished Naomi Klein's tome. Wooo! Didn't need to read all of it so that was good.
*I learnt some language for TN. Well, some grammer basics and can now say 'hi! My name is Jayney.' Sad though it may be I am very excited about this and have already greeted DB enthusiastically on the occasions he dared to step foot out of his office to go to the loo.
* I had my Heb B jab with new nursey, and it was earlier than anticipated ('emergency' ECG at 3 apparently) so was all over by half two and had the rest of the avo to work. Also she was a bit saner and knew stuff about giving and receiving jabs. What crazy nursey had told me was wrong on too many counts. I am never seeing her again, no way. I should complain really but there is a part of me that feels sorry for her and that complaining would be mean. She would be all confused and feel bullied and would never get another job. Oh, the NHS how you tax me on so many levels.
* I had some LOVELY, heartwarming comments in response to my last post and my cockles are still warm, I thank you kindly for starting my weekend on such a fantastic note!

Am off for some grub later with PhD friends that I haven't seen for months and cannot wait to spraff on and on and on about PhD stuff. And their trip to Canada of course. Maybe I shall stuff a cigarette in my mouth for long enough for them to talk about their life-changing experience. And then talk PhD again. I just never, ever get to talk about it! I whine on at DB but he doesn't get it - neither do my friends really - so to talk to uni peeps who are going through it and understanding where they are with it practically and emotionally is going to be great, and I hope to bask in a bit of mutual admiration, thus: 'you work so HARD don't you?! Aren't you good. And clever.' 'No! no, YOU work so hard Jayney, and are so good and clever!' Ahhhh. so good and clever...

I don't actually smoke unless I have an alcoholic drink and hope to stop all nastiness in Oct when we go away. Too hot and not really seen as a ladylike thing to do really. I may not smoke tonight actually as I am the designated driver and my friend doesn't smoke, so I don't think I will get the opportunity. This was all fine until half an hour ago when the sad dependence I have on alcohol and nicotine reared its excitable and ugly head and begged me to drink and smoke all evening. No! I shall be sensible and Good, I do not need alcohol to relax, I do not need nicotine, I do need supper, lots of water (?hmm what soft drinks do drivers drink? I hate fizz), warm conversation, and pie.

Am excited! Today has been a good day. I have to calm down or I will turn up like some excitable bounding labrador puppy slavering and rolling around everywhere. These people don't deserve that, they are civilised. (Unlike my usual friends. They positively encourage it.)

Have a good Friday all!

x J

No comments: