Monday 23 June 2008

Monday morn...

Helloooooo

Today really really feels like a Monday morning at work. This is good because I am not really at work so there is no need to go to the toilet and cry; but am feeling 'worky' enough to be conscious of needing to be 'at work'.

Got to my desk at about 9.50 this morning... woke up at half nine and faffed for a bit. Yesterday we did manage to go out for a walk and, as you can see, I am back quite safely... !! I tried a tactic of staying out of DB's way yesterday and virtually ignored him which seemed to work because he bounded up to me at about half seven all cheery as if nothing had happened. Fine by me.

I am rather stressed this morning reader. It is my darling little bro's (not so little any more, he's a manager... Still my little brother though) birthday tomorrow and as of yet I have no gift or card. The gift is what gets my goat because I ordered the Flight of the Conchords album for him donkey's yonks ago, they said 'yay! we have it!' 'Oh! We've sent it!' Then, ages later, confessed they had been lying to me. Luckily DB has to go into town later anyway so will look for it and post it for me. I hope it all comes off. Need to make a card. Maybe I should do that now. It would take me as long to make one as to go and buy a generic one. I really should have done this over the weekend. Why didn't I?! WHY?!! I will read a bit, draw a bit, read a bit, draw a bit.

PLAN for today:

* (Start and...) Finish Kaldor's book
*Go over some lang (maybe between 5.30-6.30)
*Get to the gym! go go go!

That's about it. Not a hectic day today. I read an article once that said that big tasks or lists of tasks shouldn't be attempted on a Monday. I am very much down with that.

I am also miffed because I have an internet bank account that I cannot access online. Or anywhere else. And when I ring them it takes forever to get through, they are incompetent, unhelpful and so on. I have written and complained but is taking them a long tome to sort anything out for me. And they changed my address details from someone else's passport ages ago, loads of bills racked up and I never knew. Sounds good doesn't it?! Alliance and Leicester: avoid, avoid!

Must get on with something!

x J

No comments: