Friday 27 June 2008

Friday 27 June

Hello there!

Am not grouchy today. Forgive me for yesterday. In fact this week has been pretty rough. Today I feel a bit under the weather but, don't fret, I am made of stern stuff and will overcome this hyponchondria-induced illness!

Workwise... Didn't do anything yesterday evening. I watched the football actually (DB did, I read the paper). And ate curry - but not takeaway curry, from the shops. I ate stuff you need to to pierce and that came out of tins! I don't normally do this but the ready meal we had was delicious! Really yum. They have come on since I was a student. Am not making a regular thing of it though, DB and I were feeling sorry for ourselves but not so bad that we wanted a takeaway and it was the perfect solution. Got some samosa, some pakora, some popadom. I made the rice... yummy. I LOVE food (this is why I have to exercise a lot!). Actually, I did read about flights and life in TN for a bit.

We are out for a party tonight in town; it is a friend's brithday and she is having a joint shindig with another friend at an Italian restaurant, then on for some drinks and dancing. Needless to say DB and I plan to eat, have another drink to be sociable, then run because we are a bit lurgied, but then we are fantastic boozers and not known for stopping after a shandy to go home early and snuggle up in front of Casualty (Brit TV hospital drama. Bit not very good)... This is another strand of the new sociable me - last year I would never have gone to this. A whole room full of people I don't know?! What if they talk to me?! What do I do?!!! I also had a thing about eating in front of strangers. Whereas I am not worried about tonight at all for some reason. In fact, I am rather looking forward to it. How curious. DB is coming too to meet my friend(s) - he has also been very unsociable so far. I am glad he is coming. I thought he would duck out and use his lurgy as a (fine) excuse but is still up for it. Hurray! The great thing is that the restaurant is by the train station so we can get the train in and not drive. Yaya!

Other than tonight I am going to do.... nothing for the rest of the weekend. Some work for DB methinks and maybe learn some lang. Get some sleep, am soooooooo tired out. I did mention the seaside but I think DB has to do lots of work this weekend for the hour or two he may have missed while he was ill... Such a square. Hmmm, Saturday morning is the best: sleep in, get the paper, eat some kind of hot breakfast, lounge around... It is only Sat avo that I have guilty feelings about not doing PhD work.

Anyways! On to today. Today... I will read about:
* The ethnography of aid. How fascinating! (not being sarcastic).
* Go for a SLOW 5K run in my 'new' trainers.
* Eat beans on toast for lunch.

MAYBE, if work is going ok, I may go into town with DB later and get a haircut. Although my personal hairdressing skills are not to be sniffed at I wouldn't mind something a bit sharper and have a voucher for a haircut for £25 at Toni and Guy. This is bargainous. I would like a little crop with a fringe, like is all the rage at the mo. Luckily I have a tiny head and so short hair suits me (better than longer hair methinks) and there are only so many years in the future I will be able to get away with short hair. I will grow it out again after this cut. I have to return a book to the library too. It is a pain living away from the Uni. It's a 45 min commute to do the 8 miles by train (15 min walk to train, 15 mins on train, 15 min walk on other side). This makes going to uni a total chore and basically takes up a whole morning/afternoon. I wish I had a bike. But then I would get run over. Is a real boy-racer culture round this way. Stupid boys.

Anyway. I will get on with work.

x J

No comments: