Sunday 22 June 2008

Weekender

Sunday afternoon... The Deadzone. I am waiting for my banoffi pie to go down so I can go to the gym and work its evilness off. I haven't stopped eating it since friday night; I worship at the door of the evil genius who created the Banoffi Pie recipie...

Moving on! Friday night was lovely, lovely fun. Had some scrummy food and not drinking was not a problem. As I said below, they are civilised people (they don't even have a tv. How amazing and adult is that?!) and getting blotto over dinner just isn't their style. It was nice for DB to meet them properly too, all was great and we got on marvellously. We went downhill when we got home though, and tucked into bottles of grolsch and chain-smoked rollies until 7.30 in the morning. ?!! Was really good fun for some reason. So, slept most of yesterday then didn't really get off the settee all day. Today so far I have tidied up the kitchen and made some grub, managed to completely pi*s off DB by asking him if he would like some cooked breakfast (he is stressy with work. I shall stay away) and so made some for moi; have consumed said breakfast (reasonably 'healthy', I avoided any meat and had a tommie, beans, mushroomies, scrambled eggs and hash browns)... then was feeling rather content and tucked into some banoffi pie... And am now here! Must go to the gym later and think I will go over some language learning from the other day. I really need to work out a plan to earn some money too.

I don't like being in the doghouse. Actually earlier I was daydreaming about when I am an adult in my grown-up house with my outbuilding... The that can be my doghouse but it will have a radio, tele, beanbag, coffee maker, massive art trestle table, laptop and desk looking into the garden... a doggie... newspapers... And I can shut the door and be in 'my' space. I hate sharing the space of a grumpy person, especially when you seem to be the principle antagonist making things fall out of cupboards, making things hard to find, offering hot food, making noise etc.

Suppose I had better do something. I think I may move my lazy arse from the settee to the bath.

Arg holiday programmes on the tele! I want to go on holiday again! It is raining and sooooo windy and chilly today. I was all up for going to the hills later and doing some serious hiking but I think DB would use it as a rouse to get me to a quiet location, push me out of the car and drive off. Hike up a hill anyone?

Hmm so tomorrow is Monday. This week I really need to get stuck into the rest of my 'self development' reading. I wanted to have it finished for Thursday but this isn't going to happen. I think I will finish it for next wednesday. Am going to read Kaldor's book on Human Security tomorrow. And probably learn a bit more lang. I am really into it which is great. I learnt enough on Friday avo that I could start to form word sounds and sound less like an English person. I find that very satisfying!

ok ok. Am rambling on for want of company. Let me do something constructive. I need to wash and go out somewhere.

see ya laters y'all!

x J

No comments: