Friday 27 June 2008

Dilemma

I have a dilemma. I think I know the answer I just have to do the workings-out, like in maths...

Problem: I am just out of it today. I went to bed about 45 minutes ago, that is how tired I am. I NEVER do that. Then got up and walked to the garage to wake myself up but walking back was exhausting. I think I am coming to the conclusion that while I haven't got anything as tangible and sympathy-inducing as flu, I have probably got some kind of bug. You can get bugs that wipe you out for a couple of days can't you?! I just don't feel myself. I tried working and can't concentrate on a sentence and cannot find the energy to write notes. How pathetic does that sound?!! Honestly though, writing notes is tiring!!!

SO what shall I do?! I have two choices: struggle through and feel shite at the end of the day when I have continously tried, and failed, to achieve; or take a raincheck on today and do easy stuff. Read about TN perhaps. I think I will advise myself to do nothing today and work maybe on Sunday from 10-2 instead. DB will be working all weekend so this shouldn't be a hardship (too much). Then I can go to the gym, then come back, make some tasty grub and watch Shipwrecked (British reality TV show full of squabbling teens on a beautiful island). Righty that's it then. I would like to make some kind of plan but I just can't. No idea. I will mess about on the internet for a bit then probably try and do some work, and fail. Maybe I will leave it altogether and go downstairs and read my novel (Joanne Harris - Blackberry Wine, really good) and just look after myself for a bit so am better for Sunday? I don't know! Unless I give myself express permission to take the afternoon off I will feel guilty whatever and this will be pointless. If I had a real job I would have asked to go home ages ago and be hanging around eating sausage rolls and getting on DB's nerves.

I shall take it easy. No reading of novels but no reading of hard academic texts either. I shall work out some moving logistics and maybe have a squizz at some sites I am analysing for Chapter Four. Yes! Total change of focus, this will pep me up. How simple.

I shall do that then. Am even too tired to play scrabulous dear reader. Yes, yes. Now you can see that I am genuine.

Internet reading for today. No books. Lots of tea. Radio on. Phew.

Laters!

x J

No comments: