Wednesday 18 June 2008

Day over

I managed to work more on than off until 6... I am pleased with this considering. Read some really interesting info about capitalism and imperialism which has been very helpful, and so I am most happy! Decided to stop at 6 because I was daydreaming while turning pages. Not a good sign and too late in the day to be taking breaks and going back for more so I have run away to complete my passport application in front of the tele with a cup of tea.

Tomorrow, tomorrow. I have intentions of going to an aerobics class at ten, then returning to scoff a large amount of brunch and then working from 12-6. Otherwise I will get up and dawdle about as usual, go to the gym at lunchtime and return for more dawdling. I am very keen to finish this book as soon as possible. I would like to finish this one and have comforably eased into another by end of day tomorrow really. I find it so frustrating when you pick up a book you confidently know you shan't need to read much of, only to realise it is a key text and having to spend many unscheduled days reading the whole darned thing. I hate reading lots of a book as it feels like I am wasting time or daydreaming. On to the next one I say! Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism I think for me. I always think reading is the easy and fun bit, the conjuring up of ideas and lazy days spent inches away from a particularly challenging text. But really it is as much of a pain in the arse as the rest of it.

Well, no it isn't. But anyway.

Take care! Adieu!

x J

No comments: