Tuesday 24 June 2008

Homophobia rules OK, obviously

I am angry dear reader. ANGRY! I have just read in the paper that Heinz have pulled their deli mayo advert because it features two men kissing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jun/24/asa.advertising

I have lots of problems with this. They weren't kissing actually, they just kissed quickly as the deli guy is pretending to be 'mum', and hubby goes to work. He is called Mum by the kids. They are demonstrating that having this deli mayo is like have a real New Yawk style deli in your kitchen. It is a joke! They aren't actually even being a real gay couple, the 'mum' is a De Niro-alike to represent the 'deli'. Even if it wasn't a joke, it is legal in this country for two men to be married, for them to foster/adopt children and should be acceptable for them to get away with a quick kiss. I am not a fan of unneccessary public displays of affection (especially on the london tube. Why do couples get on the tube and start snogging the faces off each other?! I personally do not find the tube erotic) but please, this is ridiculously sensitive. I am so angry that the 200 odd fascists who complained have such a grip on this country. I think Heinz should have had some balls and said they were keeping it. Why not?! What is actually wrong with this advert? Two men are kissing. This is offensive, people have complained, take it off. This is pandering to homophobia. I am SOOO disappointed with this country. This, the Tories in London, Gordon Brown being a mardy-arse mousey, 42-day detentions, 'British Day'... The country is going to the dogs. Racist, homophobic, sexist...

Grrrrrrrrrr!! I am going to go into hiding!!


I shall post from my bunker.

No comments: