Thursday 16 October 2008

Better now

Yaya! Today I feel so much better! So much better. I fell asleep after watching some Flight of the Conchords and chuckling away. It is the best comedy ever.

My friends have been badgering me to 'get out of the house' and go out dancing. I think I would dance like a very stressed, sexually repressed bear. No dancing for me. I declined and explained that I am in a world rather like exam world, where you need to knuckle down and focus on a particular date and be really square, and then when it's done you are free! Freeeeee! and can party and dance for days and days. This is how I feel.

The sun is shining this morning. Maybe this has cheered my mood. Ooh, I looked at the weather in TN and wowsers! It is sketchy. Massive rain, massive thunderstorms, 80+% humidity and - get this - 32degrees!! Arg! So, hot, hot and very wet. Don't think I will be needing two lots of white ballet pumps... Am so glad I looked before I went packing for an imaginary warm, breezy tropical winterland. Idiot!

Tomorrow is party night! Woo! Today I am going to skim through these articles on credit and suchlike. Then I will work out how they are relevant for my work and how they may direct it (who I am talking to etc). My methodology is done as much as it can be, now it is linking the methodology to the IR context and my research in TN. I didn't think about that - I thought my methodology did that. My Sup drew me back though and said I seemed to know enough about methodology etc and would be fine, but couldn't talk to everyone about everything. So I need to be selective about who I talk to, what impression it is that I get in TN. And this needs to be justified. So if we go for the political economy idea then I will focus on say three or four elements, e.g. Caste, property, livelihoods, fisherfolk community, and then interview people in these sections and get an in-depth case study of the effect of the aid-effort on political economy (or vice versa). Which is pretty exciting!

Then, after lunch I will put all the papers that I like/need in one pile and pack the rest. By the end of today my room shall be my room no more!

We move a week today!

x J

No comments: