Tuesday 21 October 2008

Busy beeeeeeeeeeee, busy bee-me

Today has been a crazy Day of Action! I finished my blog entry earlier and then cleaned the walls in the bedroom (how I got so much moisturiser and cleanser all over them I do not know), cleaned and packed the bathroom and have cleaned all the cupboards and packed eveything in the kitchen! Wooot! I have also painted over the wee holes left by nails from photos etc (pretty darned well I have to say). I now have one cupboard left in the kitchen with all the cleaning stuff in, and the walls and floors. And the fridge but that shan't take long. It has defrosted so that is cool. Sadly, now we have no food so we have to eat pizza. Oh dear.

I haven't stopped from 10.30 to 7pm. Well, I ate a sandwich. DB has been very busy and assures me all is well in his moving-world and didn't even tut at me when I looked skeptical with my eyebrow. Such extreme joviality can only be a good sign. He thinks the garage mess (a LOT of mess) is *fine* and so is his office. I am still a bit worried but he is working away on it... so... I am upstairs in the bedrooms and keeping out of any house-moving. He did also go to the tip numerous times with all my rubbish bags and tables etc I am chucking so that moved us out quite a bit. Yay! I think I am well in control (eek! famous last words eh?!) - basically everything in the house is packed that is ours and mine. All DB's stuff is in piles but that is his worry. Well, I did say I woud help him pack if he had a pile of things ready to just go into a box but he said all will be well. He is on an all-nighter tonight...

We get our moving van at 8am tomorrow. We have stacks of boxes downstairs and when they have gone the house will really start to look empty. I have about half a day of cleaning to do in the kitchen and still have the communal areas to do, but that should be fine with tomorrow avo and Thurs am. I can't wait to leave now!! I wanted to go boozing on Thursday to celebrate but think some food and tele would be more likely in order... And Friday I may well go to the library. DB has lined up jobs to do on Friday - one of which is selling our car to the random guy at the tip who asked me if it was for sale when I was there. And now he has bought it! And we can offload it at any time, just up the road! How fabulously convenient! This is very wonderful news for us - we were going to scrap it at the end of July but had to go to cornwall in it in the end, when it broke down in the same way as it had for aggggges - and which was one of the reasons for scrapping it. But it was such a stupid problem with it, which was fixed straight away and then it passed its MOT with little fuss and now we have sold it for some money! Woot!

Jamie Oliver's ministry of food is on later. I am ambivalent about this programme. On the one hand it seems like a good idea, and on the other it is highly irritating. Hmm. Am not feeling too brainy atm so think I will stare at it regardless of my opinion. Sometimes slagging off tele is very good fun.

Wellll. I am going to see when pizza time is going to be. And then I shall chill and read for a bit and think about what I have to do tomorrow, and make sure all my clothes are right for the next few days, and for TN. Getting all these boxes out of the house will be amazing! Cannae wait!

x J

No comments: