Friday 3 October 2008

Terminado

I am off! Off for at least tomorrow. I haven't had a day off since a week last Wednesday! What a hard worker I am.

Don't pay any attention to me though, I am just at one of those stages where you have to work a lot. I am not an example of a proper PhD student workwise because I would always advocate taking time off. Which is why I am making myself have tomorrow off! Today wasn't hugely productive work-wise, though I did read a chapter of the Magnificent Book and started a new chapter which is just marvellous, telling me all the answers for conjoining pomo ideas and empirical research. Otherwise though, I bought some shirts for DBs birthday which I am not convinced I will like... And I ordered my bezzy mate's 30th Birthday pressie - I am getting her some handmade jewellry from a lovely lady called Lisa on tinternet.

I actually skipped off earlier as well and went to Morrisons, where I bought much boozy and some curry stuff for dins (to stay away from the takeaway!!). I had to use the brand-spanking new self-service tills and they were silly and kept messing up. The Morrison's lady was not impressed - she had to stand up and keep coming over to check the machines when she could have been doing it herself, and sat down.

And now I am waiting for DB to finish work and am in my gladrags to go and have a week-end glass of wine (in my kitchen. Rock and roll!). I have even put on make up and had a wash (yes, a wash) so he remembers how I can look perdy, and not just like a manky student.

It's going to take a while to relax I can tell. I have a one track mind at the moment and it is seriously focussed on wanting to work and learn Tamil and read about methodology and clean the house and order things to go away... UG! Have an evening off woman! If I am back on tomorrow then I am a Bad Person. Hopefully I will be all slovenley and hungover and will just sit in my PJs reading the paper, drinking tea and eating bacon sarnies... ahhhh.

Happy Friday all!

x J

No comments: