Monday 6 October 2008

Flat as a pancake

Bleugh today has been so flat! I feel like I stared at a wall all day. I didn't though. I have actually done quite a lot of work, but because I haven't really been participating in my own thoughts I feel as if I have done nowt.

Today has just been one of those days when you wonder where all the enthusiasm went and it makes you realise how much enjoying your work and topic helps you absorb and internalise information. I did find out a lot today - and have even started writing some of it out - but I am just not there. Is all very halfhearted. So I am going to go now, and ummmm... drinksomewine.

Yup-up, not the wisest choice I know; I have a HUGE deadline on Thursday that I am struggling to meet (luckily it's a self-imposed deadline so not meeting it shan't have any actual repercussions... just, you know, a crushing disappointment in my self) and if I have wine then tomorrow I will be fuzzy again. *But* - and this is a special 'but', people - I also believe that every once in a while you have to break the rules, get that naughty buzz, and then you can get back into being a total teachers-pet again. If I were to sit and watch tv tonight like a good person then I guarantee tomorrow I would snap and run out of the house in my pyjamas and be found in the crisps aisle of morrisons crying and laughing and wiping snot and quavers all over my big ol' PhD-candidate face.

So there! Let us all drink wine and make merry on this drab and tiring Monday of all Mondays.

x J

No comments: