Wednesday 1 October 2008

Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Hellooooo!

How are we all today? I wonder how the weather is in your area (yes, I am British, the weather is important!) because here it is totally Bizarre (note the capital 'B'). One minute the sun is shining right in your eye and then it is raining and then it is black outside and I am putting my light on in my room, then I am pulling down my blind for the blinding sun... It is unnervingly like the weather in those old-school eighties armegeddon films...

Today has been a good, busy day! I went to uni and saw the lecture which was *great*, saw my matey for lunch (and she didn't scare me with news of her methodology progress! Phew!) and spoke to a couple of other vague PhD friends who, upon quizzing me about my research, concluded that I seemed to know my onions and reassured me that all will be well. I hope so! I got out some books about postmodern research methods and how to go about 'doing' it... This will hopefully bridge the gap between theory and 'real life' research... I am quite looking forward to it actually.

Learnt some Tamil this morning... I hate learning vocabulary! SOoooooooo boring! I hate learning anything on purpose really, I like passive learning.

I went shopping in town as well, I bought my little sis a bag for her new college course. I am so proud of her, she has this terrible illness (I am sure you know, I do blather on) and has come back and is now going to uni to be a forensic scientist! I am so proud of her strength and resolve. So yeah, I bought her a dunlop bag from topman (she likes to wear boy clothes, very individual is my sis! unlike me wondering round like a proud fashion-victim in my skinny jeans and smock tops - not a good look for non-preggers people!)... I don't know if she will like it or not... hmm.

(I have a face mask on to sort out my manky face from too much boozing and it is stinging. I am not sure this is right?!)

Yep yep, so then I went shopping for me! And got some inja stuff like anti mossie gubbins and remedies and sun creams... yay! Very exciting!

I can't believe it's 6.10. I was going to type up the notes from today's lecture but can't be bothered. I think I will look at the Tamil again and put the notes in my meetings and lectures folder for a rainy day (not today!).

Grr fallout boy are 'singing' on the radio. He can't pronounce any words, it annoys me.

Oh! And I closed down my annoying bank account today. Phew!

I keep thinking I have lots to do tomorrow, or at least very soon. I don't though. The next few days until the 10th are to be spent working, working, working. The 10th we go to Birmingham to get our visas (!! I will be so scared they will say NO!) and then I am going to see my famille for a good-bye dinner. Some extended family that I love dearly are coming to stay too so it shall be quite a knees up! Then, I see my Sup on the 14th. So I currently have a (personal) deadline of the 8th to get some work to him about the theory, about my methods and how I am going to link them. A week! Time is going to go scarily fast from now until we leave, I have just realised. I am scared... (and very, very excited).

x J

No comments: