Wednesday 15 October 2008

Still panicking...

I am still in a state of high stress today. Am juggling so much, mainly to do with ebay... I am waiting for stuff to arrive so sending emails saying I am going to be away, can they tell me when to expect my mossie net I have paid ( alot) for amongst other stuff. And organising standing orders for when I am away, changing address details, cancelling memberships, buying presents, eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg.

Well, I am buying no more! I am brassic. We have over a week to get the stuff. Twill be fine. I rang the visa place and luckily DB can pick my visa up for me so that is coolio. He is off to cornwall today so I shall be on my own-io. This won't be such a bad thing, I can work and pack and talk to myself and de-stress by having sneaky ciggies or a takeaway or whatever makes me happy and on Fri we go away. So I will have to get a lot done so we can go and relax. We are only away for a day (Sat) and DB was adamant that he didn't want to spend his beeday here (fair enough) so off, off we go.

I got the Boosh tix today! But they have the name of the guy who sold them to me on them. Which is fine I suppose, I mean anyone can buy them for anyone else can't they. But the peeps next us also have tix from him. So may look odd and they may notice. Oh well. We shall see. I get very worried about this kind of thing though. Although, I will confess that I have snuck lip balm onto a transatlantic flight of late. I hid it and sneaked it in. So not that shiny a halo after all.

This morning I have been super busy. I went to the sorting office to pick up my packages and they are fablass, and I went to Morrisons to get some boxes but there were none. I swear I saw a ton of them the other day when I went in. I am going mad. I also swear blind that once I went into the PO and there was a parrot on top of one of the computer monitors, and there was parrot poo all over the back of the counter with lots of dusty quavers that they had been feeding it. I thought it was very odd but just what they did up north (it was soon after we moved here). I went home and told DB but when I went back next time it had gone! DB says 'funnily enough'. It was there, I saw it. I am literally going mad. Maybe I dreamt it. But I didn't. I am trying to get DB to go in and ask when we leave if there was ever a parrot in there but he won't. Again, funnily enough.

Anyway, I digress. I have also paid off and closed a credit card (courtesy of my ma, not my money, oh no. Her interest rates are a lot more student friendly...) a pesky, nasty credit card. And I have been emailing and chasing up orders and working out my India and pre-India budget (the former is fabulous and latter is lacking)... and that's it really. I am now going to go and eat something I think. And then potter and get down to some reading.

My house definitely looks like we are moving now. I packed up all the ornaments and books in the living room last night, so it is now pretty bare! And all my plants are going today wnhich will make quite a difference. I have written out instructions on how to look after them. I told DB that if no one could take them not to tell me, and promptly burst into tears. I love these plants! I have nurtured them through depression and good times. New leaves and even new baby stems. One is flowering now! My christmas cactus. My first ever plant to actually flower under my care. Some even have names. To abandon them, or for them to be rejected and put on a tip fills me with sadness.

I shall think on it no more!

Ok. I better focus away from moving and get back to work or I will just fret all day and not be productive. Today I have to read three articles on political economy from my Sup and also type up and consider the meeting yesterday.

Tomorrow I shall finish my uni work and pack up my room.

I am such a ball of worry. Rubbish!

x J

No comments: