Tuesday 14 October 2008

Stress relief...

I went down to make some toast and ended up dismantling my kitchen for packing! I now have a pile of stuff/photos/pin boards/cushions/chairs etc to be taken into storage or put into a box.

Hurray! I am starting to feel more like a house mover now.

Am still having a tantrum about having to meet my friend tonight. We aren't even bezzy mates. I wonder what his beef is?! Ahhh, I say that but he is lovely. I should stop whining. I will be home by 7.15. This isn't too late. Well, it depends on my meeting with Sup I suppose. If it is awful then I will have to come home and work and then pack whic means it is late indeed. If it is good then I shan't have to do anything. Bit of packing - which really, is sorting notes into piles.

Am wondering about whether I should actually take this laptop to India with me. How on EARTH am I going to travel around comfortably with a laptop on me. I am sure I will be terrified every time I leave my hotel room that it will get nicked. Well, if it does I have insurance right? And evething will be backed up on the internet, on a disc and on a memory card. What about going away for the weekend though? What if I get mugged, poncing about with a massive laptop ricksack?

Eek. I think I may be suffering a case of 'tourist to the Occidental' blues. I went travelling all over south east asia and never had anything robbed. so why, all of a sudden, would I be robbed blind now? And why aren't I worried about my bank cards/passport etc - just my laptop?

Curious, focussed fretting.

Idjit.

x J

No comments: