Thursday 9 October 2008

Must organise myself! Day of reckoning...

Ok! Is today an important day or a normal day? Am I going to the gym or not? Am I sorting out my room or not? Am I finishing research about theory or not?

I don't know!!! I was supposed to know and this morning I don't.

So far I know that I will:

* Spend an hour learning Tamil.
* Spend any time after that until 2pm doing Pomo reading.

Then I have to go out to the PO. Well, 'should' go out. No, I will go out. I also have to get paper. I also should go to the gym, having not been for over a week. Ug, nearly two weeks. Then it will be about 4pm anyway and not much time for doing work any more that would be significant. I am stressed though because tomorrow we are doing visas and going to the family abode for the wekend. SO that means no work until Monday (Sunday shan't happen, whatever plans I make myself. I will be tired and grumpy)... And Monday is the day before Tuesday when I see Sup and am supposed to know things!!

SO what I want to know is, how to make best use of my time before then?! Should I spend parts of today faffing around doing jobs? Maybe I should leave the PO till tuesday.

I think I should do the Tamil for ONLY an hour. This will take me to half ten. Then I should work until half one and eat some lunch, and then decide my plan of action according to what I think I know. I am in a bit of a pyschological bind in that I feel really that I should only read this book's intro and concl even though I love it and want to sit and read all of it. And I have two or three other books about narrative and reflexivity that I think I should read too. But maybe I shouldn't? Or skim the intro's...

And another worry is that Tues is the last time I am going into town - so I will have to take all my library books back?!! Noooooo!!!! Where will I get knowledge from? I won't have any help then until April?! Oh dear. Maybe I should buy a book and take it with me. I would like the perfect qual researcher-with-a-pomo-bent book please, that gives me hints and advice on how to do interviews and observation in a responsible, reflexive manner, and with ethics in it too.

Ug.

Ok. No chores today. Today is for working. I will do pomo until half one today, then review the situ with a view to moving onto research 'technique' and ethics. And I will not take my interview guide books back on Tues, I will have to take them another time and give myself next week to learn that stuff.

All the best laid plans...

(When will I do my room?!)

x J

No comments: