Thursday 16 October 2008

Wooo!

Ah today has been a good day! I tried to do some work and it wasn't really happening because I kept being distracted by my messy room. SO I gave up and now it is my room no more!! No more!

It is blank. Nothing on the walls, on the floor nothing. It took me four hours! It is so strange because I do have a little pile of things that I want to take to TN with me in the corner. Some pens and my diary and the work I want to take (hardly anything! Am most pleased) and it is like a teeny, distilled, very quiet fraction of my big, noisy life... I have a pile like this in the bedroom too of clothes that I want to take, and bedding etc. And downstairs I have a little 'outdoors' pile from packing my shoes and coats etc - I have a couple of pairs of shoes and an umbrella etc. So these quiet little piles are cropping up and all of a sudden, without making a list, I am seeing what my life in TN is going to consist of.

I am feeling very cleansed! I have thrown away, finally, my notes from my MA in 2005! Finally I have realised that notes on 'islamic representations in the West' are of no use any more. I have thrown away old novelty pens that I have kept for toooo long for sentimental value, thrown away old pen pots and naff erasers that have existed for what purpose I know not.

Wonderful.

Tomorrow I am back to the tip with my desktop computer (see pic!) that hasn't worked for months, a desk (not my main desk, oh no) and the shelf downstairs that has fallen apart. Tomorrow I will take apart the main desk in my room and then clean down the walls. then, this room is complete! I shall then move on to the bedroom!

DB says he is coming back tonight instead of tomorrow so he can be back in definite time for our 'adventure' tomorrow eve. I am pleased! This means I will have his car for the tip tomorrow. Does mean I have to remember to pack his pressies tonight and hide them...

I am so excitable! Oh, also, I found a lot of notes and articles about my work that I should revisit... probably before I go... but I have so much to read! If I think about it too much then I will start fretting that I am not a very good PhD student and that all others would be far, far, FAR more well read than me before they head off. And that is very destructive. No point in those thoughts. Must be positive! It will be fine....

help!

x J

No comments: