Tuesday 23 June 2009

11am?

Well, my planned work time of 11am did not work out - we didn't leave the hospital until gone 11!

Yes, we were there for two whole hours. I managed to hear bean's heartbeat though which was *fantastic* and got a prescription for antibiotics I can take if I get ill in India! How brilliant! I feel much more reassured knowing I have these tablets, being ill was my biggest worry so phew. Was, in all, a great appt and am feeling very well looked after.

However, we didn't get home until 12.30 as needed a pit stop for some lunch to refuel after having loads of blood taken and no food all day! And to celebrate!

So afte having spent a couple of hours emailing and updating all my undoubtedly bored friends, I am ready to work. Am going to re-read my abstract, work out what the heck I am on about and try and sort out a plan of ideas, and of action for what I want to achieve before I get to india.

Worryingly, even though i think I have completed my methodology I am still confused about my application of theory. HOW can this be?! I wonder if I am just thick, or am just not being able to see the wood for the trees. I have done this before, concentrated so hard on the theory side of things that I can barely think of the work outside of theory, when in fact theory should just provide a guideline of how to think about your work and ideas so people get it and you don't babble simplistic rubbish.

Arg, what if it is simplistic rubbish?!!

x J

No comments: