Thursday 11 June 2009

Lovely time off

Ahh the past two days have been lovely - no work, nowhere near my work. Ahh! Makes such a difference to being 'off' but at home, walking past the Room where it all hides and taunts...

Had a lovely time with my family and a very excitable grandma-to-be! Ate a *lot* of bad food and came back late yesterday. Slept in today because the whole shenanigans of a night away was exhausting - and because I am inherently lazy.

Today I am going to get lots of this theory written down. Should not be more than 1000 words. Will write out the bones of the theories I know best and then work on the one that I need to go through my notes about - I have been trying to do it the other way which, this morning, I realised was insane. Just get it DOWN!! I realised yesterday that I have this paper due in on the 15 Sept, which gives me a month to get the first draft researched and written after India. One month! I haven't evens tarted researching this part of my PhD yet, what if it is nonsense?! So I have, have, have to get this chapter done and dusted over the next week, then leave it and start on the next chaper, which is also the paper. I have 5 weeks today until we go to India so that will give me two months of researching and writing, which if managed properly should be enough. Eek!

We are 11 weeks pregnant today! Whoopee! Beanie is 2 inches and 8 grams - enormous! Am starting to feel the fear now - this seems rather bigger than 'bean' size - I am not sure how to cope with the fact that it will get much, much bigger. Help!

x J

No comments: