Friday 26 June 2009

Work work worketty work

Yes, I did some!

And now I would like nothing more than to b*gger off and drink my body weight of cider and red wine and smoke lots and lots of fags and relax.

But instead I shall do lovely things like make dins and watch tele and remain sober.

I haven't had any boozy cravings for weeks! I thought I had quite got over it, but arrrrrrg it would be so nice. I have had a stressful week which is now all ironed out, have done some work and managed to get my paper on track so just need to motor through these reports and articles and am feeling generally all optimistic. I just fancy being all drunk and silly and collapsing into bed after lots of wine and chats and carefree-ness. Being sober is so *boring*.

How to celebrate my good mood then?! I don't know!! Oh well, I shall be over it soon enough. Db would really like to go to the pub but there is not *way* I am watching him get drunk while I nurse a fakey beer. No way! Am much too bitter!

I am going to stop this train of thought for it is so pointless. I shall finish this article I am reading then go and watch 'come dine with me' and set about making some nice pizzas I think. And I shall rub my tum with the little bean within and all will be well with the world of sobriety in which I live.

Ug I will work on Sunday. Am not working tomorrow I don't think, unless guilt gets the better of me, as it was kind of a reward for my working hard today. Though anyway, now these reports are printed I should be able to read them so much faster than the 5 weeks I have. Yay!

x J

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Jayney

just come across your blog. Pleased to have stumbled across it, as I too am a pregnant PhD student. I'm writing on a different topic - contemporary German literature - so not too much in common subject-wise, but I can certainly relate to the stresses and strains you talk about! I'm in the fourth year of my PhD - money has run out - and now need to finish before baby arrives. A tall order, particularly as I have writer's block at mo. Been here before, and it has gone, but a pain nonetheless. Anyway, wishing you well if you decide to work tomorrow...jenny

Numpty said...

Hi Jenny

Thanks for your comment and congratulations on your baba! I hope you get the work finished before it arrives. Hope the writer's block goes soon too - it really is a pain, I understand. I have everything block atm - writers/thinkers/motivation... It will pass, as all things do...

All the best for your PhD - and new baby!

x J