Tuesday 16 June 2009

Eek!

I heard from Kuna (my RA) for the first time today after I sent him the (rather long) programme and interview questions etc weeks ago!!

I was worried as I hadn't heard from him yet and I sent it a couple of weeks ago. I don't mind if he doesn't want to/can't do it at all, I would just have to cobble something else up (research shoud be called 'cobbling-up' I think. Or maybe it's just my research!!). But it turns out he has been poorly poor lad. And now we are on!! YAYA! He will do the interviews which he called focus group interviews, which goes to show how different a perspective you have in your own country as I don't see them as a focus group. I feel focus groups are more sociological. Anyway, he is ready to go - apart from needing a tape recorder. So I made up and sent him an expenses form and a time sheet... We are off! I have asked to see them every one/two weeks - I am so nervous about getting a horrendous bill! I have no money! I really hope that he lets me pay him when we get to India. Will be so much easier than wiring money to India all the time.

I am so nervous! I don't know why! The possible cost worries me though I do really trust him. What to do with the info/tape recordings worries me. What if he does all the work but I don't understand any of it?!!! Hmmm. Going to India and doing other interviews worries me. I have to set some up actually, which I quite forgot about. Must put on my to-do list and get emailing. Travelling around to do interviews worries me so I shall do them toward the end of my trip when I am settled in to Indian life again and doing research.

I need to make a plan of action in India and things I need to have done before I go. I have some email interviews to set up too. I will do this after lunch, then settle into my methodology chapter.

Nervous! The more committed to the RA thing I get the more serious it gets. Eek! I wonder if it is the control thing. I don't like having to trust him not to rip me off/do it all completely wrong.

x J

No comments: