Monday 8 June 2009

Where did the Weekend Go?! :0(

I have been robbed! Yesterday it was Friday and I woke up this morning for a lovely Saturday snooze and... It is MONDAY.

Ug.

I did have a lovely weekend but it went so fast and was so blurred - like the good ol' drinking days really. Saturday I cleaned the house as if the Queen (aka my Mum) was coming to stay - cleaned *everything* - and really enjoyed it. It was a joy! I am weird I know. And then I vegged and read the paper and had the whole house to myself for hours, with the company of old Come Dine With Me and goods from the bakery. Ahhh it was marvellous. I could sit and daydream to my hearts content. Sunday we went out to 'Tropical World' which was very hot, and had hot chocolate and cake outside in the wind, which was rather cold. Ahhhh, Britain. And we had a chuckle and then came home and ate pizza and chips and watched the Apprentice final which was brilliant though how Yasmina won I don't know, Kate was obviously perfect. But, as my knowing other half said - maybe too perfect. Hmmm. Am completely besotted with Nick and Margaret and really want them as sardonic housepets. Nick can look all cross in the corner and Margaret can do her PhD (really fantastically niche PhD so it is too - she really would get asked 'so... um... what will you do with that then?' Constantly if she wasn't, er, rather old) with me in my room till Bean comes along. Then she can be scary in-house Grandma and teach Bean to be wise.

Then fell asleep watching BB so don't know what didn't happen then. It is boring, it is rubbish, why do I watch it? Because I am a sucker.

And then late last night I realised that today was Monday and I had made no mental plan for today! The kitchen was a mess, like today was a Sunday or bank holiday. Normally everything is in place ready for the coming working week. Not yesterday, oh no. Maybe my jaunt to se my family and show off my non-existent pregnancy tomorrow is putting me off taking today very seriously. Which it should *not*! Oh no! It should galvanise me if nothing else! Why would I want to come back to this?! No more of this stupid, tedious, rubbish crap.

So, I shall work. It will be hard. I am not willing to go back into the quagmire of theory - I want to run away and say it is done for now - leave it for another day. But I would rather spend that particular day in the future being able to look after Bean should they need attention, not being torn between translating old notes and thoughts and Beanie. Therein lies the motivation.

Am starting to feel I made up my pregnancy again. Eek!

x J

No comments: