Monday 1 June 2009

Upset Grandmas

Ah we made Paternal Grandma cry :0( because we are going to India with Bean...

Ahhhh. This is very sad. She is a worrier to the extent that she doesn't have a microwave and never keeps a plug switched on when not in use... and pulls out plugs when she is out of the house in case of an electrical fire... DB is picking up some of this (am noticing the plugs off when we come back from holiday etc. Quite freaky) and I wonder how much we are going to quarrel over leaving Bean to eat the worms - I am all for mucky kids, but sense she may be more of the 'AHHHHH!!! Where's her head guard?!' brigade. Eek!

Anyway, she has a valid point but actually I am really looking forward to a holiday and time in India now!!! It will be hard, being preggers and hot and all, but will also be lovely! Just the work getting in the way...

Speaking of which I heard from my RA today! YYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!! wipe the brow... He told me about how the aid in India was given to Indian NGOs who then only spent it in their little area, and some areas got none so have no reconstruction. Which is a weird spin on what I thought was going on and has given me food for thought. I have to try not to get too bogged down in finding out *everything* which is hard. I can't produce a report on everything and everyone who was affected by the tsunami so have to keep focussed. It is all interesting though I do get a bit carried away. Anyway, I asked him if he can do some group inteviews for me and offered him some moneeee. I wonder if the remuneration is enough, is such tricky ground! I offered RP120 an hour, which is about £1.50. Quite some riches in Indian terms - is what a new IT graduate gets. But not in UK terms which he will know and may cause consternation. We shall see! Anyway, we are getting somewhere, albeit very, very slowly.

Also my Sup is pleased that I sent him my 4000 wd chapter 'overview' so goodo. I slept in this morning actually cause I worked on the weekend and am not too stressed about doing a gazillion things for tomorrow. Am going to go out and read my theory notes in the sun soon, then shall come in and write them up... I reckon I should have the work done by Sunday at the latest. I do have 4000 words already so... I shall see how the meet goes with Sup tomorrow. I worry that the chapter may be very superficial. I don't know if this is true, or whether I am so familiar with it that it seems simple now - just a case of filling in the gaps. And how 'hard' is a methodology chapter anyway? Is all very descriptive, not very 'intellectually' demanding really... Ho hum, we shall see after seeing Sup tomorrow. Am really looking forward to our meet actually, will be very productive and means a lot will be sown up. If the chapter is shite this is will be good to know so I can make it better, if it is good this will be fine, and I look forward to hearing his ideas and chatting to him about the RA idea and the group interviews - and what on earth plan B can be if Kuna can't do the interviews. They would be very time consuming, and maybe we would be talking to the wrong people? Or asking the wrong questions... Also coordinating it from here is really difficult because he doesn't really speak very good english and we get our wires crossed so easily! Nightmare. I am definitely looking to go out now though and not looking to find a Plan B that means I can stay at home... I want to go and I want to talk to people aroundabout about the Tsunami and their experiences and just get some goddarned info at last!!! All being well tomorrow we can come home and book our flights! Am actually really looking forward to it - what an adventure!

I am in such a good mood today! So happy.

Am not going to go to Cornwall with DB this weekend now. I realised that we haven't had any time apart for a while, and it would be good for us to miss each other for a while and maybe I can squeeze a dinner out of DB on his return... !! And I get really carsick now, just that horrible low level nausea, which over a 7 hour drive will be nasty. And I can't bear to drive. And we will argue in the car - we do normally anyway even when I am trying to be non argumentative. With these hormones it would be like a red rag to a pre-menstrual (or pregnant?!) bull. Or cow, rather? Hmmmm, am all gender confused. And it would be good for him to go and let his hair down - I am being quite the rule-making taskmaster these days, I notice it in myself. So am sending him packing to go and get some pregnancy relief. I will be bored, no doubt, but some time with me and Bean will also be nice.

I have to put some washing on! And think about Research Plan B.

x J

No comments: