Monday 22 June 2009

Strange Day

Today has been really odd.

I started work, got out my bits and bobs and looked at it and bam, just couldn't work out why it fits into my PhD in such a big way. In fact, I am really stuck because I have committed myself to doing a paper on this 'chapter' that now I am thinking of halving in importance. So I may have ended up creating a whole world of work for myself when I have the least amount of time imaginable.

Oh blo*dy hell. Well, I actually wonder if the paper can be split into different chapters - the intro, lit review, and discussion, specifically - but still, working out how and why and where and what on earth this PhD is about is confusing me.

Why is doing a PhD so hard?!!!

I am going to stop for today because I am just too confuddled. Some time out would be very beneficial. I won't leave it alone though but keep worrying at it all night. It is not a difficult problem, just a glitch. I hope!

Have the docs tomorrow so won't start work until 11am or so.

Grrrrrr!!!

x J

No comments: