Friday 5 June 2009

OMG!!

Oh my word - just booked our flights to go to India! We are actually going!

Apart from the work, I am looking forward to it! Think I have itchy-adventure-feet again. When we came back from India in Feb I really never wanted to leave the British Isles again. Ever. Fed up of Abroad. Now though I am all excited about having a bump and a bikini and floating along in the pool by the sea under the sun... I know I am doing research but because of my tender state there is no pretense of being 'down with the locals' - I will be in a clean hotel with air con and won't eat local food, it just has to be that way. I cannot be like I was before, in hostels with cockroaches and no air con and determined to eat local food even though I was so ill I lost a stone in 3 months - and was pretty slim before I went! Can't risk it. I won't be in the pool every day! Just a couple of times for a treat. Something to take the edge off the heat and the mossies, the long flights and the general worry about keeping myself healthy for Bean. And, of course, some parts of the work - I cannot pretend I am a fan of 'doing research' in India, too many power connotations. Ug.

But yes, the 'frills' are most exciting!

x J

No comments: