Wednesday 3 June 2009

Zzzzzzz!

I am so tired today! I think I used my weeks worth of energy yesterday...

We went to the pub and I had lots of alcohol free Becks which was lurvely! Sometimes only the taste of beer will do... And I have discovered that there is such a thing as alcohol free wine and cider! Hurray! DB got quite drunk and we came home and, much against my better judgement, we ordered a chinese which kept us awake all night from the manky MSG and gave me tummy ache from being spicy (I know, spicy chinese?!). We shan't be going there again I tell you!

Today I am busy reviewing a journal article that was surprisingly sent my way, but is a v reputable journal so am more pleased than not. Because it is a good journal the articles are always really well written too which is great - nice and easy to review! Am also looking for flights for India in the middle of July and have sent my RA the programme and questions for him to look at and see if he can do it... we shall see. I was very honest with my Sup yesterday about a) not having a plan b; and b) that although Kuna is very competent and all great, I am not convinced it will work out. So we shall see what we can get but not to expect 20 interviews with great transcripts and loads of respondents etc. Eek, it is nervewracking but anything is better than nothing eh?!

Will trudge on with the review and flight checking, then start on the theory part of my chapter which I am to have finished by the weekend... Don't think DB and I are going to cornwall this weekend now, as it is going to rain and a huge point of it was a BBQ with all our friends to celebrate various engagements and the arrival of Bean! So shall go next weekend instead methinks. I am going too now, definitely - am too pregnant not to go to the ends of the earth for a bbq. All that meat and white bread! And it would be cooked FOR me!! Oooooooh. More generally though, it will be nice to get away and have a break between this chapter and the next... and a pasty. And the beach... arg fish and chips...

x J

No comments: