Monday 22 June 2009

All sorted!

Just to say that I have worked out my work now.

I had a shower and then just realised that I am a) trying to plan a chapter when it is a paper I have a deadline for - so write that! And b) whatever I do work out with this paper it will be relevant for the PhD, so not to worry. I have too many chapters anyway and so think that this paper will form part of the lit review, providing background and context to contemporary debates, part of one of my other v important research chapters, and the discussion. It is a running concern that will be referred to throughout the thesis but *not* a focus, which I think is what I was assuming it was all day today. I was getting confused with how it fit in with my research question but I realise now it isn't an answer, but a vital stepping stone to a different answer.

Sometimes my brain is in a fog and seems to be able to only hold one thought at a time. Which is not good when trying to work out theses and foci and general PhDness.

It is raining like crazy here btw, is just lovely. I adore heavy rain :0) Bet DB doesn't though - he is out playing tennis! Oh! He just walked in like a wee drowned rat.

x J

No comments: